The NTJSA will not tolerate inappropriate behaviour from officials and/or spectators and would like everyone to be aware that there will be consequences of their actions.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Our game is fair play.
- Remember that your people participate in sports for their enjoyment and benefit, not yours.
- Applaud good performances and efforts from all individuals and teams.
- Congratulate all participants on their performance, regardless of the game’s outcome.
- Respect the decision of officials and teach young people to do the same.
- Never ridicule or scold a young player for making a mistake. Positive comments are motivational.
- Condemn the use of violence in any form, whether it is by spectators, coaches, officials or players.
- Show respect for your team’s opponent. Without them, there would be no game.
- Encourage players to follow the rules and official’s decisions.
- Do not use foul language, sledge or harass players, coaches or other officials.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.